- Everyone gets one mulligan per session, when they can take back something they’ve just done or said. (For example: “I fire my crossbow at the enormous dragon, and roll an 11.” “That’s a miss.” “Wait, I forgot that I’d been blessed, and that should have been a 12!”)
- We use the Paizo critical hit and critical fumble decks.
- We use the hero point system from the Advanced Player’s Guide. The Cheat Death use of hero points will generally be represented by having breath of life (CL 9) target the PC’s corpse at the end of the round.
- No texting/phone calls/games/knitting/other distractions.
- Tablets/smart phones are okay, but only for game-related uses. No laptops, please.
- Whoever does the game write-up for the session gets to assign one hero point to the character of his/her choice. Dale will wait at least forty-eight hours after the game ends before posting so that players have a chance to write it up first.
- If you say it then your character is assumed to have said it. If you want to make it clear that you are speaking out of character then touch your thumb to your temple while you speak.
- This campaign uses the allegiances rules instead of alignment rules. Characters with domains receive allegiances to those domains as bonus allegiances. Divine spellcasters may not have more than one allegiance unrelated to their deity.
- Gear will be tracked by a “cert” system, where every object that a player character has must be represented by a piece of paper.
- We ignore the weight of whatever coin is being carried when calculating encumbrance.
- If a player misses a game then the players present at that session will collaborate to decide the story reason why that character is absent.